Call us now on 0450 711 084!
Contact us today and find out how we can potentially save you thousands!Get in touch
A 2mm gap is all that is required for termites to be able to get inside your property. Termites can go undetected whilst damaging property structure until it’s too late.
Here at Inspect-A-Build Building Inspections, we provide a premium pest inspection that not only looks for traces of existing infestation, but also reports on any possible conditions that could lead to future infestations.
Our pest inspections comply with all terms and conditions of Australian Standard 4349.3 and include, but are not limited to, inspections in the following areas:
- Firstly, we assess any identifiable termite activity within the internal structure of the property roof.
- Then, we check for water leakage from any plumbing in this area, which could create dampness and encourage termites to nest in the area.
- Finally, we ensure that there is adequate ventilation in the roof void, which, in turn, enables the existence of a dry area. We take thorough moisture readings to support our findings.
- We identify any mouldy areas around the property’s internal flooring. We assess the rooms that most frequently show signs of infestation. This includes the bathrooms, kitchens and laundries.
- We ensure there are no indications of leaks from water and drainage pipes, as these leaks could create dampness and encourage termite infestation.
- We also use our Thermal Imaging Technology to carefully examine all exposed timber for indications of possible hollowness of the timber, as this hollowness is a likely indication that there is a termite infestation at the property.
Sub Floor Area
- Generally speaking, the biggest problem in sub floor areas is the blockage of air vents. This can restrict sufficient continual ventilation of the area. We identify any such blockages, as the atmosphere they create can encourage termite infestation.
- Blocked up weep holes and poor drainage within the same area will be detailed in our report.
- We will pay special attention to the areas immediately below bathrooms and kitchens and we’ll locate any water pipe leakages that may be present.
- Boundary fences, outbuildings and trees can be the perfect nesting area for termites and other pests, particularly if they are in a poor state of repair. We will identify any such areas that may need attention.
The build-up of soil from adjacent garden beds, inadequate drainage and overflowing pipes are another main cause of termite infestation. Any such areas will be highlighted in our report.