Call us now on 0450 711 084!
Contact us today and find out how we can potentially save you thousands!Get in touch
It is essential that you are aware of what you are buying before you purchase it. Any property could be holding unseen major defects or issues that could potentially cost you thousands in the future!
Our pre-purchase building inspections can give you peace of mind that you are making an informed decision in the purchase of the house of your dreams.
At Inspect-A-Build Building Inspections, our primary job is to ensure that you are fully aware of any issues that could have an effect on the final purchase price of your potential property. Since we have absolutely no relationship with either builders or vendors, you can rest assured that your interests remain our highest priority.
Our pre-purchase building inspections are carried out according to Australian Standard 4349.1.
These pre-purchase building inspections include:
- It is common for householders to allow these areas to deteriorate over time. We will therefore examine that any driveways and paths are in a fair state of repair and that there is adequate site drainage for the overall property.
- We will examine and report upon the state of any outbuildings on the property
- Our report will advise you on the condition of any fencing and identify any built-up garden areas that may be too close to the main structure of the house.
Sub Floor Area
- The under floor region is where most major defects will be found in a property. It’s critical this area is assessed and inspected by a professional.
- We check for adequate sub floor ventilation and for any decay under wet areas including the entire floor frame.
- We will check all the footings and piers and ensure they are structurally sound.
- We will report if any termite ant caps are present or missing.
- A lot of potential problems can be identified in the roof cavity. A thorough and detailed examination by one of our inspectors can reveal any issues concealed in this area.
- We will inspect the integrity of the roof framing to assure no major structural issues are present.
- We will inspect for safety hazards such as unprotected electrical down lights.
- We will inspect and document the presence of sarking and insulation.
- While the most viewed area of the house, the interior can hide many defects that often go unnoticed by anyone not in the industry.
- We will carefully examine all the internal walls to make sure that they are sound and show no signs of cracked plasterwork, dampness or decay.
- We check for uneven floors and see if all doors and windows have been correctly hung and function as intended.
- We will check all the wet areas, which includes bathrooms, toilets, laundries and kitchens. Further, we will look for any evidence of water leakage or drainage pipes in these areas.
- We will identify if there are any damaged or broken tiles. We will also ensure that all tiles are correctly secured.
- We will inspect the chimney and flue structures to make sure that these are securely fixed and that any flashings do not allow water penetration into the roof space. We will make sure that all guttering, ridges and valleys are functioning as intended. This also applies to any downpipes.
- We verify that all exterior walls show no signs of dampness or cracking, as this can sometimes be a preliminary indication of the possible presence of structural issues.
- Our careful examination of any patios or decking, verandas or balconies will ensure that they are structurally sound and that there are no signs of rot or deterioration in the woodwork.
- We will carefully inspect any further external timber, which will include doors, window frames and posts and verify that they are in good condition.
- Finally, we will ensure that any external electrical installations have been fitted with the correct safety switches and that they fully comply with the relevant regulations.